|Posted on July 12, 2017 at 6:30 PM|
PREP TIME: 5MINS
COOK TIME: 30 MINS
- 2 teaspoons of coconut; avocado or oil of your choice
- 450g pkt soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 800g canned diced tomatoes
- 3 cups (750ml) vegetable stock (preferably made from scratch to reduce salt intake)
- 1/2 cup (115g) red split lentils
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to season
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the soup mix and cook until softens slightly. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds
- Add the tomatoes, stock and lentils and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Ladle into serving bowls. Top with coriander sprigs. Serve and enjoy