|Posted on July 12, 2017 at 6:25 PM|
This Raw raspberry slice tastes just as good as it looks, making it the perfect mid-arvo treat that you don't have to feel guilty about. You can access this raw raspberry slice along with other guilt-free recipes in delicious, Feel Good Food by Valli Little, which is available in bookshops nationally.
Makes: 18 Slices
Prep Time: 1hr 15mins
- 1/2 cup (50g) raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) melted coconut oil, cooled
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups (300g) raw cashews
- 1/3 cup (25g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pure maple syrup
- 25g fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 60g Coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (35g) raw cacao powder
- Line a 20cm square baking pan with enough baking paper to overlap 2 sides of the pan
- To make the base, place the cacao, oil, dates and 1 cup (150g) cashews in a high-speed blender and whiz to a coarse paste. Spread evenly into the prepared pan, then transfer to the freezer to firm up.
- For the filling, place the coconut, maple syrup, rasberries and remaining 1 cup (150g) cashews in a clean high-speed blender and whiz to a smooth pase. Spread the mixture evenly over the chilled base, then return to the freezer to firm up.
- For the topping, place all the ingredients in a bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water and stire until smooth and combined. Remove the bowl fro, the heat and cool to room temp. Pour over the chilled raspberry filling, then return pan to the freezer to set
- Once the topping has set, remove pan from the freezer. Using the baking paper, lift slice out of the pan. Using a hot knife, cut into 18 bars to serve. Keep frozen or refrigerated until ready to serve.