Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
|Posted on July 12, 2017 at 6:40 PM|
- 600g rump steak
- 800g pumpkin, cut into large chunks
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g feta cheese
- 3 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tsp toasted pine nuts
- Dressed rocket leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place pumpkin and onion into a large roasting tray and toss with the oil. Season with pepper and bake for 30 minutes or until soft. Crumble the feta cheese and sprinkle the vinegar on top and bake for a further 20minutes or until the cheese and vegetables are nicely coloured. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Preheat a frying pan or chargrill to moderately hot.
- Rub the meat with some olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, covered loosely with foil.
- Slice the meat and serve with the baked pumpkin and some dressed rocket leaves
|Posted on July 12, 2017 at 6:30 PM|
PREP TIME: 5MINS
COOK TIME: 30 MINS
- 2 teaspoons of coconut; avocado or oil of your choice
- 450g pkt soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 800g canned diced tomatoes
- 3 cups (750ml) vegetable stock (preferably made from scratch to reduce salt intake)
- 1/2 cup (115g) red split lentils
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to season
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the soup mix and cook until softens slightly. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds
- Add the tomatoes, stock and lentils and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Ladle into serving bowls. Top with coriander sprigs. Serve and enjoy
|Posted on July 12, 2017 at 6:25 PM|
This Raw raspberry slice tastes just as good as it looks, making it the perfect mid-arvo treat that you don't have to feel guilty about. You can access this raw raspberry slice along with other guilt-free recipes in delicious, Feel Good Food by Valli Little, which is available in bookshops nationally.
Makes: 18 Slices
Prep Time: 1hr 15mins
- 1/2 cup (50g) raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) melted coconut oil, cooled
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups (300g) raw cashews
- 1/3 cup (25g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pure maple syrup
- 25g fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 60g Coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (35g) raw cacao powder
- Line a 20cm square baking pan with enough baking paper to overlap 2 sides of the pan
- To make the base, place the cacao, oil, dates and 1 cup (150g) cashews in a high-speed blender and whiz to a coarse paste. Spread evenly into the prepared pan, then transfer to the freezer to firm up.
- For the filling, place the coconut, maple syrup, rasberries and remaining 1 cup (150g) cashews in a clean high-speed blender and whiz to a smooth pase. Spread the mixture evenly over the chilled base, then return to the freezer to firm up.
- For the topping, place all the ingredients in a bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water and stire until smooth and combined. Remove the bowl fro, the heat and cool to room temp. Pour over the chilled raspberry filling, then return pan to the freezer to set
- Once the topping has set, remove pan from the freezer. Using the baking paper, lift slice out of the pan. Using a hot knife, cut into 18 bars to serve. Keep frozen or refrigerated until ready to serve.
|Posted on July 12, 2017 at 12:00 AM|
- 8 button mushrooms, halved
- 2 Zucchinis, cut into 2cm pieces
- 300g firm tofu, cut into 16
- 200ml teriyaki and roasted garlic marinade (can make from scratch to make healthier)
- Bamboo skewwers
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 20 minutes to avoid burning during cooking
- Thread mushrooms, zucchini and tofu (alternating each) onto skewers
- Place prepared kebabs into glass dish. pour teriyaki marinade over kebabs and refrigerate for 20 minutes
- Heat barbeque or grill plate over a medium heat. Place kebabs onto hot plate or grill. Turn kebabs to ensure even cooking. Cook for 5-10minutes. Drizzle kebabs with any remaining marinade and serve with brown rice.
|Posted on July 10, 2017 at 11:40 PM|
- Coconut/Avocado or Almond Oil (your choice)
- 75g blanched raw almonds
- 250g rolled oats
- 40g sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds or a mix of both
- 100g runny honey
- 6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter or almond butter
- 10 Medjool dales, Stones in
- 40g bran
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground himalayan salt
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g dried apricots
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Lightly grease a 22cm-square baking dish with oil then set aside
- Roughly chop and add the almonds to a large baking tray with the oats and seeds. Spread them out into an even layer and place into the oven for 12-15minutes, or until golden. Stir halfway through time.
- Gently heat the honey and nut butter in a small pan over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, slit open the dates, pull out and discard the stones, then place into a blender with 100ml of warm water
- Blitz to a paste, stir into the warmed honey mixture then leave to cool
- Roughly chop the dried fruit.
- Take tray out of oven and transfer the toasted mixture to a large bowl with the bran, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the dried fruit, then mix in the honey mixture until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared baking dish, using the back of a spoon to press it into an even layer
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden and set
- Leave to cool slightly, turn it out onto a board and cut into squares. Then set aside to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
|Posted on July 10, 2017 at 11:20 PM|
Time to make: 20 mins
Full ingredient List:
- 2 x 400g no added salt chickpeas, drained and thoroughly rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons moroccan seasoning
- 12 chicken tenderloins (approx 500g)
- 3 small carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 300g green beans, halved lengthways
- 80g baby rocket
- Coconut oil
- Drain and rinse chickpeas thoroughly. Place chickpeas, 1/3 cup of the lemon juice and chopped garlic in a food processor. Blend until mixture is almost smooth. Add 1/4 cup water gradually, until dip is smooth.
- Peel carrots into ribbons and set a side.
- Sprinkle seasoning onto both sides of chicken. Coat a large grill pan with coconut oil and set over high heat. Grill chicken. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through. In the last 2 minutes add ribbon carrots to pan.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil with steamer on top. Cook green beans for 1 minute or until tender. Take off saucepan and refresh beans in cold water and drain.
- Place carrots, beans and rocket in a large bowl. Add remaining lemon juice and toss lightly.
- Serve chicken with grilled carrot salad and chickpea dip.
Original recipe was from http://www.healthyfoodguide.com.au/recipes/2014/march/moroccan-chicken-chickpea-dip-and-grilled-carrot-salad#sthash.2ZJ8whRu.dpuf. Slight alterations to recipe have been made to make meal healthier.